Strategic Growth Concepts has joined with Detroit-based web consulting firm, Powerful Design to develop and provide a website to a non-profit animal rescue group that was recently victimized by thieves.
Detroit-based animal rescue group, HomeFur-ever, recently suffered the loss of thousands of dollars worth of food, medical supplies, crates, and other equipment when thieves stole their van and enclosed trailer in broad daylight (see news coverage HERE). The van and trailer were eventually abandoned and recovered with extensive damage, but the items stored in both were either gone or destroyed. Since HomeFur-ever does not currently have a building, the group stores all of its supplies and equipment within the vehicles, this makes the loss even more devastating and has seriously hindered their ability to care for the 90+ animals currently under their responsibility.
In order to help the group obtain donations of cash and goods to facilitate their recovery from this ordeal, Strategic Growth Concepts worked with the group’s pro-bono web consulting firm, Powerful Design to provide a comprehensive website that will meet their current needs, as well as expanding with them as their organization begins to once again achieve growth.
The website, www.HomeFurever.com was built utilizing Powerful Design’s proprietary website management system, MYCE, a user-friendly system enabling the rescue group to offer a wide array of useful tools for visitors to the site, including:
- the ability to provide one-time donations OR monthly donations in increments of $10, $25, $50, or $100
- the opportunity to ’sponsor’ on-going animal care, treatment for major animal medical issues, or gifting an adoption
- a HomeFur-ever ‘Fundraising Kit’ for individuals or groups who want to develop fundraising events on behalf of HomeFur-ever
- photo galleries of the group’s animals which enlarge significantly when clicked on to enable better views of the available animals
- a HomeFur-ever video
- links to upcoming HomeFur-ever adoption & fundraising events (including links to maps of event locations)
- videos of, and links to, the news coverage received as a result of the recent robbery the group was subjected to
- resource links for pet owners, including: pet emergency care, trainers, veterinarians, pet insurance, and many others
- an educational page about current animal-related issues
- access to the HomeFur-ever Twitter and Facebook sites
- online forms for those interested in: fostering, adoption, volunteering, raising funds for the group, making food or other donations to the group, etc.
- a link to the website of an artist who does custom animal paintings; HomeFur-ever will obtain 10% of the revenue generated from every painting contracted via the link from the HomeFur-ever website
- links to national animal rescue related fundraising sites.
Strategic Growth Concepts (www.StrategicGrowthConcepts.com) utilizes the powerful MYCE Website Management System for its own website, as well as in the development of websites for their client firms.