Here are a few last-minute emergency reminders:
- Take seriously the evacuation orders issued by local officials. If they say evacuate, please follow and leave immediately.
- Extensive power outages are predicted. There’s still time to assemble an emergency supply kit, which includes items like non-perishable food, water, cash, a battery-powered radio, flashlights and batteries.
- Visit www.ready.gov for tips on creating a plan to protect your family before the storm hits.
- Business owners can visit www.readybusiness.gov for useful tips on how to reopen quickly and lessen the economic blow of the disaster. The Department of Labor has information on how to take care of your employees when an emergency strikes. Visit www.osha.gov/hurricane
- After the storm passes and if you’re in need of shelter or other resources, visit the Red Cross atwww.redcross.org. You can also donate to the recovery efforts at the Red Cross site.
- For information on SBA’s disaster assistance programs, visit www.sba.gov/disaster, or call the Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955.